Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Enough with the rain, already! - by Mom

My poor kids!

After nearly a month in quarantine for kennel cough, they're now dying to get outside - but not in this weather!!  Haley pooped in the sun room for the first time EVER this week.  She took one look at the incessant torrential downpour, and said, "Mom...I give up.  I'm NOT going out in that.  And I can't hold it anymore.  Sorry."

On the few occasions when I have physically forced her out into the yard, she picks a high spot, like a little pitcher's mound, and stands with all four feet practically touching each other while the waters of life swirl around her.  Doesn't like to get her feet wet.  It's pathetic.  But cute.  She's such a girl. 

Pilgrim is actually braver than his sister when it comes to the rain.  But... I'm not.  So housebreaking is tough.  I guess I'm a girl too.

I guess I'm lucky to have a dog-friendly sun room, which is more of a "mud room" at this time of year.  They have this funny habit of running from one door to the other.  I think they're hoping that maybe even though it's raining out one door, it will still be sunny out the other one.  But in the end, when they have energy to spare, they have no problem just chasing each other in circles in Mom's living room.  I try to avoid that.

No comments:

Post a Comment